I certainly hope to not repeat this past month. Or year. I am aching for a change of scenery. I thought I might start to like Texas over Christmas but it didn’t last long enough for me to actually like it. It’s too hot already now. Too many bugs. My kids are inside too much. Isn’t that reason enough?
So, on to more positive things. Oh wait, I don’t have any. Let’s just have fun satisfying my OCD and making a list of the things that have broken since Don left:
1. His car (technically this was before he left).
2. My computer died for a day – mid HUGE project. I could not get it to reboot and it is very much on its last leg.
3. The chandelier in the entryway (there are 3 of them but this one is what allows me to see the dirt on the floor…wait…maybe this *is* a good thing after all).
4. The box fan.
5. The dvd player. Ben shoved a dvd in the wrong place and now we can’t get it to work at all.
6. Gabe’s 3rd backup pair of glasses is broken leaving him with none.
7. My Dad’s hip – does this count if people are broken? I was supposed to be in Nebraska and I’m stuck here (see issue #1) until Don gets back from Philmont and we can resolve the car issue.
8. Towel rack in the master bath.
9. Toilet paper holder in the powder room.
Is that it? Really? It feels like so much more… I know, I know, my problems are tiny compared to some. I will admit that. I guess I’m just too tired to deal with them appropriately. No more reading until 4 a.m. for me!! But that Hunger Games book was so good, I just kept reading and the time it took to read it just flew by. I had only started at 11 p.m. and I just couldn’t put it down. It’s violent but I thought it was a really interesting premise. Lots to discuss. I think it’s equally an adult book as a young adult book. Very thought-provoking, anyway.