I had signed up for NetGalley years ago, but had never pursued receiving a FREE Advanced Reader Copy (known as an ARC) of a book because…life…but as I was browsing book reviews on Goodreads, I noticed several great books had been reviewed by ARC readers and I wanted IN on the latest and greatest — and to follow my favorite authors. Here’s how I got my first ARC books to read from NetGalley:
- Create an account at NetGalley.com.
- Fill out your profile AS COMPLETELY AS POSSIBLE! This helps publishers confidently approve you to review their ARCs. Registration does ask for a business name, but you can be an Amazon or Goodreads consumer book reviewer.
- Choose the categories you are most interested in reading about — I selected nearly EVERY category and there were plenty of books to choose from!
- Connect your social media accounts: Goodreads, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Browse the books available and select whichever ones interest you. To increase your chances of receiving an ARC, you may want to choose lesser known authors or niche-markets such as cooking, biography, or knitting — whatever appeals to you!
- I received 2 of my first 4 ARC requests within the first 24 hours!
You can even request audiobooks IF you request them through netgalley.com on a browser THEN listen to them in their mobile app – easy!
Join me on Goodreads here!
Have fun reading! Let me know how long before you received your first ARC. #ARC #amreading #books #publishers #publishing